Beijing Woda Power Technology Co.. Ltd is a professional diesel generator set manufacturer with a history of more than 10 years. We have our own professional production lines, including open type diesel generator, silent generator, mobile diesel generator. etc.
Continuous torrential rain, some generator sets used outdoors are not covered in time in rainy days, and the diesel generator set is wet. If the care is not taken in time, the generator set will be rusted, corroded, damaged, and the circuit will be damp and insulated. The resistance is reduced, and there is a risk of breakdown and short-circuit burning, thereby shortening the service life of the generator set. So what to do when the diesel generator set is wet by rain? The following is a detailed summary of the six processes by the diesel generator set manufacturer Yaguan Power Generator Set.
1. First wash the surface of the diesel engine with water to remove dirt and sundries, and then use metal cleaning agent or washing powder to eradicate the oil on the surface.
2. Support one end of the diesel engine so that the oil drain part of the oil pan is at a lower position, unscrew the oil drain screw plug, pull out the oil dipstick, and let the water in the oil pan flow out by itself. Slightly let the engine oil and water drain together, and then screw on the oil drain screw plug.
3. Remove the air filter of the diesel generator set, remove the upper shell of the filter, take out the filter element and other components, remove the water in the filter, and clean the parts with metal cleaning agent or diesel oil. If the filter is made of plastic foam, wash it with washing powder or soapy water (gasoline is prohibited), then rinse it with clean water, dry it, and then soak it in an appropriate amount of engine oil (squeeze it dry with your hands after soaking). Oil immersion should be carried out in the same way when replacing with a new filter. The filter element is made of paper and needs to be replaced with a new one. After cleaning and drying all parts of the filter, install them according to the regulations.
1. Remove the intake and exhaust pipes and the muffler, and remove the internal water. Turn on the decompression, shake the diesel engine, and check whether there is water discharged from the intake and exhaust ports. If there is water discharged, continue to shake the crankshaft until all the water in the cylinder is drained. Install the forward, exhaust pipe and muffler, add a small amount of engine oil to the air intake, turn the crankshaft several times, and then install the air filter. If it is difficult for the flywheel to turn due to the long time of water entering the diesel engine, it means that the cylinder liner and piston ring have been rusted, they should be removed for rust removal, cleaned and reinstalled, and those with severe rust should be replaced in time.
5. Remove the fuel tank and drain all the oil and water in it. Check whether there is water in the diesel filter and oil pipe, and drain it if there is water. Clean the fuel tank and diesel filter, then put them back to the original place, connect the oil circuit, and add clean diesel oil to the fuel tank.
6. Release the sewage in the water tank and waterway, clean the waterway, add clean river water or boiled well water until the water float rises. Turn on the throttle] switch to start the diesel engine. Cummins generator set manufacturers suggest that after the diesel engine starts, pay attention to check the rise of the oil indicator, and listen to the diesel engine of the diesel generator set for abnormal noise. After checking whether all parts are normal, run-in the diesel engine, first idle speed, then medium speed, and then high speed in the running-in sequence, and the working time is 5 minutes each. Stop and drain the engine oil after running-in. Add new engine oil again, start the diesel engine, and operate at medium speed for 5 minutes, then it can be used normally.
Using the above 6 processes to comprehensively inspect the unit will effectively restore the diesel generator set to the best condition and eliminate potential safety hazards in future use. It is best to use the diesel generator set indoors. If your generator set has to be used outdoors, you should do a good job of covering it at any time to avoid unnecessary damage to the diesel generator set due to rain and other weather.
Post time: Dec-02-2022